STUDY IN CANADA
Canada Is a Wonderful Place to Live and Study!
Students who have never been to Canada often have an image of Canada as the land of snow and hockey. But what they find when they get to Canada is somewhat different… there are beautiful seasons other than winter in Canada. Hockey is Canada’s national game but there are a thousand other sports and activities to choose from some on sunny beaches, some near vast lakes or oceans, and some in the midst of busy modern cities. Canada is safe yet also exciting; stable yet also filled with adventure. Canadians tend to be modern, welcoming, and open-minded.
SOME VITAL FACTS ABOUT STUDYING IN CANADA
Thinking of studying in Canada? Here is an overview of the Canadian educational system to help you get started.
- Canada is among the most affordable of the leading study abroad destination for international students. Canada has lower tuition rates for international students when compared to Australia, the United Kingdom (UK), and the United States (US). Students can pursue their studies in a internationally recognized program at one of Canada’s top schools for much less than what it would cost to attend an equally reputable program at a private United States (US) university or college.
- Canada is famous for its laws allowing eligible international students to work in Canada while studying and after graduation, and for providing opportunities for qualified graduates to attain permanent residence and make Canada their home.
- Anywhere students chose to study in Canada and at whatever level they chose to study in Canada, international students can be guaranteed of getting a degree, diploma, or certificate that will be recognized all over the world. Canada is one of the leaders in the G8 in terms of its per capita investment in education, leading to high-quality and well-respected faculty, programs, and institutions.
- There are a number of scholarships, awards, and opportunities for financial assistance available for international students (specifically students of top academic standing). Most of these are available at the graduate level, but there are some secondary school and undergraduate entrance scholarships available, particularly through individual educational institutions. This financial aid is awarded based on criteria such as academic success, community involvement, athletic excellence, references from instructors and employers, or purely financial need.
- Education in Canada falls under the jurisdiction of the country’s ten (10) provinces and three (3) territories. So, every Canadian province and territory has its own quality assurance mechanisms to ensure high educational standards are met, and there are robust laws, policies, and procedures that govern the operation of all post-secondary institutions.
- Canada has an outstanding reputation for transfers between levels/types of education, making studying in Canada flexible and exciting. Hence, students don’t run into the bureaucratic barriers common in less flexible education systems.
- International Passport
- Passport Photograph
- Senior Secondary Result (WAEC or NECO)
- Any other certificates
- Transcripts (For Post graduate applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae (For Post graduate applicants)
- IELTS (Optional)
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Arts, Social Sciences & Culture
- Applied Theatre
- Celtic Culture
- Dramatic Literature
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Sport and Physical Activity Leadership.
- Faculty of Business
- Human Resources
- Legal Studies
- Supply Chain Management
- Tourism Marketing and Management.
- Bachelor of Education
- Engineering & Technology
- Electronics and Controls
- Environmental Studies
- Health & Well-Being
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Public Health) – Program Full until September 2020
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Bachelor of Science Human Nutrition (Transfer)
- Emergency Management
- Sport and Physical Activity Leadership
POSTGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
- MBA in Community Economic Development
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management